FRESH Sessions With Alex Harrington
This month, I am bringing you my “New Palm Springs: Vol. 2” mix—part two of a four-part series.
The goal of each mix is to reflect the valley in which we live (or the place you love to visit, if you don’t live here). The Coachella Valley has a unique collection of different cultures that come together and commingle.
As a musician and DJ, I want to create experiences that evoke emotion. This second mix builds on that ideal—I want to give you soundtracks you can keep in your pocket, so to speak. In it, I’ve included my latest remix, “One in Three,” from Name One and Maxxi Soundsystem.
This mix features a deeper, sexier collection of tracks. I wanted this mix to reflect the nightlife in our valley—but from a different angle. Think of it as offering a poolside meets nightclub vibe.
Not everyone follows a crowd; some people want to experience the unfamiliar and expand their usual listening habits. The music I find is from all over the world—including a lot of music made right here in the Palm Springs area. I love finding a balance between local inspiration and international inspiration.
Enjoy this month’s mix below!
- Moon Boots, “Bills to Pay”
- Rose, “No Good” (Toniia and Santiago Remix)
- Tove Lo, “Not on Drugs” (The Knocks Remix)
- Name One and Maxxi Soundsystem, “One in Three” (All Night Shoes Remix)
- Disciples, “They Don’t Know”
- Joshua Heath, “Just Funk Me Already”
- TRU Concept vs. Beverley Knight, “Keep the Fire Burning”
- Fabienne, “Sunstroke” (Endor Remix)
- Me and My Toothbrush, “Show Me”
- Redlight x Tinashe, “Pretend”
- T. Williams and MJ Cole, “Privilege”
- Full Crate, “Hurt Your Back”