FRESH Sessions With All Night Shoes
It’s time for August’s FRESH Sessions, the 11th installment in this series!
I’d like to again thank JF//Discord for his guest FRESH Sessions mix last month. While I love offering people some of the best known and unknown current dance music, I also love sharing the work of other DJs.
In the minds of some, there’s a stigma associated with modern DJing. Many see us as mere “party people” who like to play as loud and as fast as possible. This is not true. Yes, we all like to “get down”—but not in the same way.
For example, I appreciate some theatrics in a DJ set. Creating different sounds with someone else’s work is exciting. This month, I try to do just that, with the final installment in my “Poolside Sounds” mix series. I’ve captured a deeper, sexier sound with this mix. I hope you all enjoy.
Meanwhile, catch me at the follow shows this month:
- Friday, Aug. 1: Toucans “Mischief/Jungle Jam" (Palm Springs Animal Shelter Benefit)
- Friday, Aug. 15: Toucans “Mischief”
- Saturday, Aug. 23: The Curve, “Burning BDay Bash III”
I’ll be adding more dates. Follow me on Facebook and on Twitter/Instagram at @allnightshoes!
- Disclosure featuring Sam Smith, “Latch” (starRo Remix)
- Gorgon City featuring MNEK, “Ready for Your Love”
- Marvin Gaye, “Sexual Healing” (Nine Lives Rework)
- Gero featuring Kullai Timi, “Turn Around” (Satin Jackets Remix)
- Zedd featuring Foxes, “Find You” (Simo Remix)
- EDX, “Breathin’” (Extended Vocal Mix)
- Cyril Hahn featuring Shy Girls, “Perfect Form”
- Endor and Midnight City featuring Romany, “Be With Me”
- Usher, “Yeah” (Knightley Bootleg)
- TrAmHed, “Circles in My Mind” (Joey Negro Club Mix)
- Starsmith, “Now I Feel Good” (Club Edit)
- Kiesza, “Hideaway” (Dom Dolla Remix)